Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What I learned from the last General Conference

Talking about The 180th General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, April 3 and 4, 2010: What a Conference it was!

I feel deep gratitude for being able to participate. I cherish the spirit that I felt, and the memories that I made.

I took some notes on each speaker’s message. All message gave me , in one way or another, a specific impression on how to improve my marriage, feel the power of the priesthood, teach and preach the gospel, teach children, deal with current challenges, encouragement, validation, new resolutions, and goals. I can not wait the printed message in Ensign for better reading and pondering....

Sister Julie B. Beck: And upon the Handmaids in Those Days will I Pour our My Spirit
....." and the greatest good we can do to ourselves and each other is to refine and cultivate ourselves in everything that is good and ennobling to qualify for those responsibilities.”...

Ilene and Ben Lane, our friends from Vacaville

President Henry B. Eyring:
Help Them on Their Way Home
...."The Lord has placed a pattern of rescue and rescuers in His kingdom"...

Conference Center, Sunday Morning (6:00 am)

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: You Are My Hands
..."Every person we meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father"...

Elder M. Russell Ballard: Mothers and Daughters
..."There is nothing in this world as personal, as nurturing, or as life-changing as the influence of a righteous woman"...


Elder Gregory Schwitzer
: Developing Good Judgment and not Judging Others
..." Many blessings in life are missed because worldly judgment was applied to what was really a spiritual decision."...


Elder Bradley D. Foster: Mother Told Me
..." I thought to myself that a distraction doesn’t have to be evil to be effective"....

President Thomas S. Monson: Closing Remarks
...."My counsel for all of us is to look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue"...It beckons through the storms of life. The lighthouse of the Lord sends forth signals readily recognized and never failing"...

West Temple Square from the Hotel
It was her 3rd day in a mission field; she is from São Jose dos Campos - SP, Brazil

The exciting thing about a General Conference is that it doesn’t really end. The messages are timeless, and we keep them alive inside of us. We still need to continue to review these inspired talks. As I mentioned above, through the modern miracle of technology, next month we may have the church Ensign magazine to confirm mine and yours individualized enlightenment.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you got to attend! How cool is that. Thanks for the pictures and wonderfully inspiring quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vc é SUPER elegante! Quando eu crescer, quero ser elegante e bondosa como você. bjs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit and comment!