|Save "As" or download here|
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Police are warning about the potential dangers of online dating sites after a woman was swindled out of approximately $200,000.
About a year ago, a 39-year-old Orem woman met a man on the online dating site, LDSLinkUp.com. The website advertises itself as “the world’s largest LDS social network, where tens of thousands of church members from over 50 countries meet new people through networks of friends.”
The man, who claimed his name was Richard Smart Frisch Jr. and was a businessman from the United Kingdom, started having conversations back and forth with the woman, said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez.
After awhile, he got comfortable enough with her to start asking for money. He would have her wire money of various amounts overseas, to several locations, Martinez said.
The amounts ranged from $5,000 to $10,000 at a time, he said. And the reasons varied from business ventures to medical bills.
Read the rest of this story at deseretnews.com".......
This is an old news (Feb 2011), but I knew recently someone in the same situation. Reading this article, is taking opportunity to reminder we need pay more attention with whom we are chatting!
Be careful on these sites, girls!
We are so excited that finally we bought a house exactly the way we desire! I'm so happy for this; I'll be little slow with the posts but I'll answer all e-mails.... and thanks for those ones! This kind of things strengths my testimony that we all are daughters of Heavenly Father and as He, we all are engaged in a good cause. I love you all!
Thank you, thank you for your support!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Brother Don Snow is sharing great idea for Thanksgiving decoration. He says:
"One table decoration that my wife and I have used for Thanksgiving is to print colored semicircular genealogy fan charts with 4 or 5 generations and put them in an apple for a turkey tail. It always starts conversations about family history and who some of the ancestors are. You can make them all the same or else make a different one for each individual at the table. We've found it helps to print them on card stock instead of plan paper so they hold up better. I guess you could even laminate them or press them in clear Contact paper to make them > more sturdy and everyone could take their's home. Fan pedigree charts can be printed from many genealogy programs including PAF Companion."
It is wonderful, isn't it?
"Our Recipes" - Christmas Gift Idea
|Vacaville 4th Ward Recipes|
The Relief Society Presidency of my Ward collected each Sunday for three months, recipes from sisters. Each month was from two different types of dishes. We just dropped our best, good and yummy recipes in a basket. At the end of the year, the book, with all our recipes (and our names) was a Christmas gift at Christmas dinner. It was a fantastic idea and kept us more closer. It made us to contact more often the sisters, mainly when we have some questions and we all were happy because we could have some contribution.
If you have time, how about start?
- invite sisters to bring their favorite recipe (3 types for September like: Soup and Salads. Main Dishes, Vegetable Dishes) and other 3 for October......3 for November.....and in December you, after collection, type and gather all in a CD as gift!
What do you think?
A Call for Recipes
I had promise to made a digital collection with simple and basic American food to people in Spain.(Outside USA, the food are so expensive and they would like some different ones).
Instead I do it by myself, why we all don't do it together?
If you can help me, please:
- Send me your favorites simple ones to (email@example.com)
- I'll copy to a paper and post it
- If you like, you download, print and insert into a binder, save in your computer or just let it go!
- You can send the recipe in any language; English, Portuguese, Spanish are most needs, but all others are appreciate as well. Our Book is virtual, all sisters can decide by themselves what they want to download
- Don't forget to indicate for what session your recipe belongs
- I'm not publishing your e-mail address; just your name and City/Country you live. But, if you want they know your blog/website just let me know that I can publish
- The topics are: Breads and Rolls, Soups and Salads, Main Dishes and Desserts
- We know have lots excellent blogs of cook - difficult to decide what to choose. I could testify how they get lost!
- I'm working in the cover and back cover for tomorrow
- The collection will be great. As I mentioned, all of us can contribute for one good cause - and together!
I'm so excited to start and counting with you!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
What are your ideas for Thanksgiving dinner decoration? Christmas projects with Relief Society Sisters?
From now, I'll post every week some recycle projects, inexpensive ones, that you can do with your children, sisters, and by yourself, They are good for Teachers, Sisters, friends and they are so cute!
Because they are easy to do; from several websites and own experiences, I'm not posting instructions, just the pictures and the final project. For sure you'll figure out how you can make it!
If still with doubts, send- me an e-mail.
Enjoy it and till next time!
|Recycling Lamps (here)|
|Recycling old keyboards - KProject # 1 (individual pictures for download here)|
Friday, August 19, 2011
All Mormon women over the age of 18 belong to Relief Society, which helps women in their efforts to follow Jesus Christ, increase their personal faith, strengthen families and serve others. This work and Relief Society women both past and present are the focus of a new book soon to be released by the Church, Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society"
Daughters in My Kingdom is unique within the Church because it was written by an individual woman rather than a committee. The writer is former general Young Women president Susan W. Tanner, who is now serving a mission in Brazil with her husband. President Beck worked closely with Tanner on the book and said the approach of a single author resulted in a book that is different from previously created materials.
I just realize today that you're having difficult to obtain the Ensign or other Church Magazine earlier.
First, I would like to clear that I'm not in any blog competition or rate. I have very specific reason to blog and share what I'm learning despite any other temporal doubt and purpose.
Also, I'm so please to share with you how I get the Ensign (I just did not know...)
"Normally, 15 days before the next month, you can have the new Church Magazines at/by:
- subscription (I already got my September full packet: Ensign, Liahona (Portuguese and Spanish), Friend and New Era
- Church "RSS" site (see below); you subscribe "Daily Gems" and you get it before for pdf download and audio podcast
- and, also, we have another "blog resource" - not official either, but with good "Church information":nothingwavering.org - because it has LDS blogs posts together and you can subscribe for it (I personally like this because I don't need to looking for new information - they come to my inbox and I can work with, afterwards)
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 01:11:03 +0000
Subject: The Ensign Magazine Audio Podcast
Audio Ensign,September 2011
Posted: 15 Jul 2011 12:00 PM PDTAudiobook Format, Ensign, September 2011This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now
PDF: The Ensign, September 2011
Posted: 15 Jul 2011 12:00 PM PDTPDF Format—Ensign, September 2011This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now
You are subscribed to email updates from The Ensign Magazine—Audio, PDF, and Video Podcast
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610
Let me know, if you still have any kind of trouble or other issue in get the Church Magazines and, I can forward the link to you as soon I get it. Deal?
We all are together in that cause that I love sooooooo much! And love you too!
We all are together in that cause that I love sooooooo much! And love you too!
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
This is the most beautiful train I have been in lately! I don't sale anything, I don't do marketing, but it is my suggestion for your next trip. See the information here about the itineraries.
Now, back to work.....this is the life!