|General Conference Binder Cover (download here)|
It is "Conference Time"!
Joy can be found as we prepare family members of any age to listen to important messages given to us at General Conference."Sweet is the Work‘ when we find creative and thoughtful ways to engage the hearts and minds of those we love in learning and receiving the council given.
The 183rd Annual General Conference of the Church, to which all members are invited, will convene in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Saturday and Sunday, April 6 and 7, 2013.
- "Decide now to make general conference a priority in your life.
- Decide to listen carefully and follow the teachings that are given.
- Listen to or read the talks more than once to better understand and follow the counsel.
- By doing these things, the gates of hell will not prevail against you, the powers of darkness will be dispersed from before you, and the heavens will shake for your good."(The Blessings of General Conference, LDS.org)
Tips and ideas for Preparing ourselves and on preparing our family members to be ready to listen and learn during conference
(from BYU Women's Conference last year):
1. Think about and evaluate our life and what challenges may be going on that we, as individuals, would like help with.2. Study the scriptures.
3. Pray to hear and recognize the messages during conference that could answers we need to hear.
4. Have a special Fast.
5. Review the previous conference addresses.
6. Attend the temple.
7. Prepare our homes ahead of time. Do all cleaning and cooking beforehand.
(this handout is here)
- Learn about Apostles and Prophets (handout here)
- Family Home Evening on Prophets (handout here)
- General Conference Journal (handout here)
- Great websites with General Conference packets: Sugardoodle, The Idea Door, Latter-day Chatter, Mormonshare and many others - just move your mouse around the LDS bloggers!
Oh, yes, - you'll find joy, for sure!!!!!! and your family will be thankful for this!!